LIMITED WELD SINGLES CLASS
1. A $75.00 entry fee (Driver Only). Pit passes are $20.00 and
will be issued a wristband that must be worn.
2. All cars must be equipped with seat belts for the driver.
3. 77 and newer GM, 80 and newer CHRYSLER, and 80 and
4. No pickups, SUVs, ambulances, hearses, sedagons (wagons
made into sedans).
5. Only driver shall be allowed in arena after the derby has
6. All drivers must remain in their car after their car is eliminated
until the contest is over. Drivers may exit car during fire or
removal of debris from derby arena. Helmet and seatbelt must
7. It is illegal to hit driver’s door. Anyone doing so will be called
out. Also, no blocking with the driver door.
8. All contestants must sign a waiver before participating in the
9. After second fire, car is eliminated.
10. One minute contact rule. Any car not moving and making
contact for one minute will be eliminated.
11. No sandbagging or holding! You will be disqualified.
12. Top three cars WILL be re-inspected before any prize money
is handed out.
13. Only the last two cars running will be pulled apart to
14. Any controversies will be taken up at the driver’s meeting.
15. Judges decisions are FINAL!
16. No hot-rodding in the pits. Keep it at an idle.
17. Gates open at 1:00 pm
18. Driver’s meeting is MANDATORY.
19. All cars MUST be teched by 4:00 PM.
1. All glass MUST be removed from the car. NO exceptions.
2. Original gas tank must be removed. Replacement tank cannot
be plastic. You must use a metal boat tank or well-made fuel
cell and it must be properly secured ( NO tarp straps or
3. Exhaust system must be removed and modified.
4. All loose chrome, plastic, fiberglass header, door handles,
door locks, and wheel weights must be removed. Basically
anything that will fall off must be removed.
5. Inside the car must have all flammable material (carpet,
headliner, rear seat, etc.) removed. Driver-side panel may be
left in for protection, or foam padding can be added.
6. Batteries must be removed from engine compartment and
securely mounted and covered inside the car.
7. Gas lines must be modified and safely run through the car.
8. A-arms, ball joints, and tie rods must remain stock.
9. All trailer hitches and braces must be removed.
10. Transmission cooler lines inside of the car should be
11. No additional reinforcing of the car is allowed unless
specified in the rules.
12. Radiator must be in stock location and no reinforcing of
radiator support. No radi-barrels, no water barrels.
13. Any tire will be allowed, must be air filled. No larger than 7”
wheel centers are allowed. No bead protection. May have
valve stem protectors.
14. No alcohol running motors.
15. Cars MUST have functioning brakes.
16. Any 5 lug rear-end in any car. No braces, must mount the
same as per factory for vehicle it is in.
17. No bottles, cans, or any garbage in trunk or floors of cars.
18. Cars will be checked at inspection.
1. Doors may be chained in six locations per door, seam
between front and rear doors counts as 1 for each door. Or
you may weld two 4 x 4 x 1/8 plates on vertical seam only.
Driver door may be welded solid for safety.
2. No body shaping allowed.
3. No 9 wire or chain in areas other than specified.
1. Cage may be no larger than 4” material and must be free
floating. May have dash bar, door bar. Can connect them on
each side with one bar, but may not be in front of dash bar, or
extend 6” beyond rear of door bar. No tubes connecting to
floor other than halo bar. Halo may be welded to sheet metal
only, NOT FRAME.
2. Gas tank mount/protector can only be 24” wide and must be
4” off the highest point of the floor underneath of it, 6” from the
3. May have 2 windshield bars, 1 rear “window bar. No bars can
go more than 3”s past window seam.
1. Original gas tanks MUST be removed. You must use a boat
tank or well-made fuel cell (11 gallon max) and it must be
properly secured (no ratchet straps or bungees to hold the
tank in place) and covered with nonflammable material. No
gas cans. Place fuel tank behind driver’s seat or in the center
of the car where the back seat used to be. Tank must be
bolted to body sheet metal only (not to the frame) if
bolted to the floor.
1. No frame welding allowed.
2. No frame shaping allowed.
3. IF CAUGHT WITH ANY FRAME INFRACTIONS: SQUARING,
PINNING, PLATING, SHRINKING, EXTRA SEAM WELDING,
GUSSETS, ETC. OR ANYTHING ELSE YOU CAN THINK OF
NOT OUTLINED IN THE RULES WILL HAVE NO CHANCE
TO FIX! YOU WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY LOADED WITH NO
REFUNDS!!!! NO UNAUTHORIZED FRAME REPAIRS
4. No rust repair on frames allowed.
HOODS AND TRUNKS
1. Hoods must have access for fires to be extinguished. Front
hood pins may be welded to top of frame only and core
support. Hood may be attached in four spots (Not including
hinges) with max of 1” all thread. Hood pins may attach to
sheet metal only unless otherwise stated.
2. Trunk lids may be cut or folded. May secure with 4 plates of
4×4 x1/8, 4 chains, or 4 locations of 9 wire.
Body mounts must remain stock with exception of hood pin at core support.
1. All steering components must remain stock to that model of
car. No altering or reinforcing unless otherwise stated.
2. You may alter your steering column to prevent loss of
steering. Steering knuckles, homemade steering shafts, etc.
1. No reinforcing or altering of suspension allowed.
2. All cars may run 1 chain, 9 wire, cable per side around rear-
end and frame humps.
3. No added leafs, no double coils or front coils in rear.
4. Coil spring front ends may use turn in spacers for added
1. Any motor can go in any make car- must be in stock location.
Motor mounts must be as close to stock as possible (No
adding additional supports).
2. Motor and transmission can be securely mounted, but do not
strengthen the frame.
3. You are allowed lower cradle only, no pulley protector on it.
4. May use 2 3/8 chains or 1”x 1/8” strap to secure motor.
5. No transmission brace, no skid plate/plated pans.
1. No stuffing or plating bumpers.
2. No hard nosing bumpers.
3. Any factory bumper on any car.
4. May seam weld skins.
5. Bumper can be welded to shock, shocks welded to frame. No
1. Rumble seat in wagons can NOT be welded – MUST be
2. Do not tie front and back frames together on uni-body cars.
3. All cars must be stock, unless modification is stated in the
4. Sliders are allowed if so desired.
IF IT IS NOT IN THE RULES IT DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!! CALL Eric @ (701)
210-0420 if you have questions. Please call between times of 6 P.M. and 10 P.M